Dear Digital Fire Clients,
Update May 26th 2020
As the province of Ontario starts to reopen, we thought we would provide an update on procedures to navigate the “new normal” that we all must get used to.
Work will be performed remotely whenever possible.
Secure pickup and drop off lockers have been installed at the Digital Fire office at 482 South Service Rd E Suite 112, L6J 2X6. Please let us know if you would like to drop something off and we’ll arrange instructions and give you the combination for a secure locker.
Before an onsite visit is performed we asked that you fill out this online health declaration form. https://digitalfireinc.wufoo.com/forms/covid19-onsite-visit-health-declaration/
In addition, when a technician is onsite, we reserve the right to end the service call if the technician feels that his or her health may be at risk. We ask for your patience and understanding through this uncertain time.
During an onsite visit we must all practice the following:
- Wear appropriate PPE included but not limited to face masks, eye and hand protection and other gear as deemed appropriate.
- Keep 2M or 6ft apart at all times
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Sneeze and cough into your sleeve.
- If you use a tissue, discard immediately and wash your hands afterward.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid high-touch areas, where possible, or ensure you clean your hands after.
- Where possible, wear gloves when interacting with high-touch areas. Do not touch your face with
- Gloved hands. Put on and remove gloves in a manner that avoids contamination of the hands.
- Ensure you wash your hands after removing gloves.
- Wash your clothes as soon as you get home.
- If you are ill: notify your supervisor immediately, complete the self-assessment and follow the instructions you get.
Further industry specific guidelines from PSHSA are available here:
The health and safety of our clients, guests and staff are of critical importance in everything we do. With the daily news around coronavirus (COVID-19), we have made the decision to limit onsite visits to an absolute minimum in an effort to protect the health and well-being of everyone.
In accordance with Health Canada recommendations https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/being-prepared.html#a5 , Digital Fire has put in numerous safety precautions internally, to help do our part.
- Staff are working remotely as much as possible.
- Additional sanitation products are available and in use.
- Frequent hand washing is required and encouraged.
- Meetings are being conducted remotely.
- Staff have been briefed on Health Canada recommendations.
- Additional flexibility around sick days and working remotely has been provided.
- Limiting onsite visits
While we are still learning more about the virus, there are steps that you can also take to protect yourself. For more information from Toronto Public Health, please click here.
For more detailed information, please go to https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
At Digital Fire we remain committed to servicing your IT needs to the highest standard and we are here to support you. If you have any questions or comments, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help and we want to make sure that this process goes smoothly for you and your company.
President, Digital Fire