How many times have you left the office thinking ’shoot I forgot to sync’ and then you don’t have your appointment times and details with you. Well, there’s no need to worry about it anymore.
A few simple steps will allow you to sync your Outlook Calendar to your Blackberry over the air and keep your outlook calendar up to date at all times. Imagine adding an appointment to your Blackberry while on the road and when you get back to your office the appointment is already there!
The instructions are below, however if this looks too complex simply call our support department at 905-845-5959 ex. 1 and we will set this up for you in 30min. or less for $47.50 or less.
A) Create a Google calendar
B) Sync your Outlook to your Google calendar.
C) Sync your Blackberry to your Google calendar.
It’s easy just follow these steps:
A) Setup a Google Calendar.
- Visit https://calendar.google.com
- Click the Create an Account button and follow the instructions to setup an account.
B) Setup your Outlook to sync to your Google calendar.
- Once you’re into your new account click the link at the top right that says Sync.
- A new window will open. Go to the section that says Sync With Microsoft Outlook and click on Google Calendar Sync: Overview
- In the section called Getting Started, follow the instructions to check your Outlook version (must be 2003 or 2007), download and install the file.
- When prompted, enter your Google calendar username and password and set the frequency of sync that you would like.
- Now your Outlook will be synchronized with your Google calendar. Try it!
C) Setup your Blackberry to sync to your Google calendar. The instructions below are taken directly from Google:
First, you’ll need to download and install Google Sync, complete the following steps:
- Point your BlackBerry browser to: https://m.google.com/sync Once the page is open, you’ll see a Download Google Sync link.
- Click the jog wheel or BlackBerry menu button to open the menu, and select Get link. This will take you to a download page.
- Click Download.
Installation will happen automatically upon the completion of the download. After installation, you can find the Google Sync icon on your home screen. To start using Sync:
- Click the icon (you’ll see a screen with a login form).
- Move the cursor to the login section, and type the full email address of your Google Account and your password.
- Press Login and Google Sync will sign in to your account. Once you’re successfully signed in, please read the information on the Welcome screen carefully. If you wish, you can make changes to the default settings by clicking on the scroll wheel and selecting Options from the menu. Both Calendar and Contacts syncing are enabled by default for new users. (If you’re upgrading from the previous Calendar-only version of Google Sync, you’ll need to enable Contacts sync.)
- Click the Sync Now button at the bottom of the Welcome screen.
The initial synchronization will take some time, depending on the number of events you have in your Google Calendar and the number of contacts in your Gmail Contacts. Please be patient; you can allow the synchronization to take place in the background as you perform other tasks on your BlackBerry device.
To use Google Sync, click the Google Sync icon on the home screen of your BlackBerry. Alternatively you can open the calendar application on your BlackBerry and click the thumb wheel once to pop up the menu. You’ll find the “Google Sync” entry at the top of the menu.
Now you have all your appointments with you wherever you are. No more syncing with wires!